The writers retreat for business owners provides the time, expertise and accountability to allow entrepreneurs to indulge their creativity and take action on growing their business through storytelling. By building confidence and learning how to leverage more effectively through the written word, you’ll be seen as a leader in your field. And you don’t have to be a spelling bee champ to do it!
Who is this retreat for?
This retreat is for busy business owners and entrepreneurs who need time, space and accountability to work on the creativity, publishing and marketing aspect of their business. It’s particularly for those who think they ‘can’t write’.
This retreat is for you if:
- Your business offers a service (coaching, consulting, training, healing, etc)
- You’ve been operating your business for more than 2 years
- You’ve been doing well from referrals but you’re ready to broaden your reach
- You’re aware that publishing valuable content can help grow your business BUT you’re overwhelmed so you don’t prioritise it
- You’re ready to be seen as a thought leader in your field and know you’ll need a substantial body of content to achieve this (book, program, keynote) BUT you have no idea where to start.
- You want to capture the essence of your value and expertise in a tangible product
- You’re keen to be surrounded by other thought leaders, successful practitioners, and motivated entrepreneurs, to mastermind and grow rapidly.
BOOK YOUR 15 MINUTE QUALIFIER CHAT NOW!
What can I expect from this retreat?
Having the language to express yourself clearly and confidently through marketing is a challenge for many. But it’s a challenge that must be overcome if you want your business to soar.
Consistent voice and messaging is crucial to building community and a platform from which to share value.
It’s not as hard as you might think but it does take know-how, a mindset shift, and some good old fashioned motivation. Spend a week out of your business to grow your business. Away from the distractions of family, clients and commitments, you’ll be amazed at how quickly your creativity kicks in and your output increases.On retreat you’ll learn to harness the power of storytelling and develop a confidence in your content you never knew possible.
What we’ll cover on the writers retreat:
Spend time with me, away from the hustle and bustle of your business, in a relaxed, purposeful and engaging environment.
You’ll learn about:
- Writing a business book
- Writing an eBook
- Writing business blogs
- Writing website content
- Writing social media posts
- Writing a keynote speech
- Writing a program.
You’ll get all my tips and secrets from decades of experience in marketing, storytelling, writing, and re-purposing content. You’ll learn how to write words that tell, sell and compel. Importantly, you’ll learn how to make your content work smarter for you.
You’ll also learn:
- That storytelling is not just another marketing fad, but rather an ancient art that helps you become more compelling and memorable
- My ‘Everyday Moment Storytelling’ technique, which, once mastered, means you’ll never be short of things to write about ever again!
- How to create a substantial body of work that will help you be viewed as a thought leader
- How to own your leadership and have confidence in the way you present online as well as in person
- How to overcome writer’s block and overwhelm
- Writing rhythms and patterns and how to work with them
You’ll go home with:
- A clear picture of how your skills and experience intersect and how you use storytelling to illustrate this
- A range of well-crafted stories that illustrate your thought leadership
- A structure and plan for either your book, program or keynote presentation
- A content marketing plan for your business
- A big chunk of writing done!
By the end of retreat you’ll feel:
- Confident that you can actually write
- Humbled by the value that lies in your own story
- Motivated to share more content more regularly
- Equipped to write a variety of styles of content for your business, from the shortest social media post to the longest book or program!
The writers retreat rundown
(subject to change as we go with the flow and I work with what the group needs….also, it is Bali, so….y’know)
Monday – Meet and greet and Welcome dinner. It’s time to open up, share your stories and let us in on why you’re here on retreat.
Tuesday – During our first full day together we’ll look at Storytelling and Thought Leadership. You’ll learn about story structure, the Everyday Moment Storytelling technique, and how to harness storytelling for leadership.
Wednesday – Today is all about Your Voice. What is the language you use, is there congruence between your online and offline persona, what are your values, what is your natural writer’s voice….and how do these impact your brand.
Thursday – Today we spend half a day out and about, exploring the local surrounds. There’s nothing like local culture to inspire creativity and put the Everyday Storytelling technique to work! (Hint: you’ll blog about the excursion, using what you’ve learnt to bring your experience to an audience.) Then we look at how to Systemise your Knowledge – how do you organise and better share your expertise through publishing (blogs, programs, books).
Friday – We’ll look at a variety of publishing options and marketing channels and learn how to Repurpose Content. We’ll also look at how we adopt the Mindset of a Writer. I’ll share techniques to reduce stress and get over writer’s block, how to find daily inspiration, how to organise your writing time, and how to adopt practices to keep the mind alert and agile. I’ll show you how you can implement these practises at home so your creativity continues beyond the retreat. We’ll cap off the week and celebrate our achievements with a blessing ceremony and final dinner together.
Saturday – It’s open mic time! We’ll share what we’ve learnt over the week in a presentation style morning. You can read us something you’ve written, share the plans for your book/program/blog/business or share a major a-ha moment. Group feedback is encouraged and should be welcomed – we can all keep learning!
****Each day there will be quiet writing time in addition to the program delivery.****
BOOK YOUR 15 MINUTE QUALIFIER CHAT NOW!
Writers Retreat Packages
|Single Room||Shared Room|
|EARLY BIRD (until Dec 31st 2019)||A$2597||A$2297|
|Payment plan (6 monthly instalments. MUST be fully paid by 22nd May 2020)||A$597 x 6 payments||A$547 x 6 payments|
|Once we’ve had our qualifying chat, I’ll send you an invoice for the retreat payment.
All quoted prices are subject to 10% GST.
What’s included in the writers retreat package:
Your Retreat Package includes:
- 5 nights accommodation at Vision Villa Resort
- Daily Healthy breakfast at Genius Cafe
- 4 days Full Board at Vision Villa Resort (includes lunch and dinner)
- Welcome Dinner
- Return Airport Transfer
- Blessing ceremony
- 4.5 days of group and 1:1 training/mentoring/coaching
- Half day adventure/cultural activity
- Sunrise Waterfall Tour
What’s NOT included:
- Flights and Travel to/from your home airport
- Travel insurance
- Any extra meals/food
- Personal Shopping
- Tips to resort staff
- Spa treatments
- Additional accommodation outside of the retreat dates
About Vision Villa Resort
Located in beautiful Bali, the Indonesian “Island of the Gods”,Vision Villa Resort is the first Entrepreneur Resort in Asia.
Founded by the visionary, Roger Hamilton, the resort is located in the cultural epicentre of the island yet hidden away from traffic and city noise in tranquil, peaceful surroundings.
Vision Villa Resort is an intimate and inspirational setting. It’s an ideal place to bring together entrepreneurship, education, healthy lifestyle and well-being.
- The Grounds – Vision Villa Resort’s lush, tranquil gardens have been designed to reflect the Five Elements and were inspired by Roger J. Hamilton’s Wealth Dynamics. Stroll through the water gardens, dive into the swimming pool, relax on the terrace or find a quiet spot in one of our peaceful scattered pavilions. Find out more at visionvillaresort.com
- The Accommodation – All of the luxurious 16 rooms have been designed in a traditional Balinese style and filled with modern luxuries for maximum comfort. Each room is inspired by a different Hindu God, built with sustainable materials and decorated by traditional craftsmen. Find out more at visionvillaresort.com/rooms/
- The Venue – The on-site, high-tech conference room is a huge 111 square metres and is equipped with state-of-the-art lighting facilities and audio-visual equipment. There are also smaller workshop rooms anda gorgeous library for more intimate coaching sessions. The outdoor function areas for group activities are wonderful and include an upper deck, a relaxing spa area and a large fountain surrounded by exotic fish for a beautiful and inspiring networking space.
- Genius Cafe – The menu of the in-house restaurant and bar includes locally crafted and organic-sourced whole foods, as well as a signature drinks menu. Chef Cynthia Louise offers a broad choice that includes vegan, gluten-free and raw dishes from Bali and around the world. The Café is a hub for wellness travellers, entrepreneurs and digital nomads. Find out more at geniuscafebali.com
Questions you may have:
- How will I get from the airport to the resort? All of the transfers are included you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- I won’t know anyone so I am a bit nervous. The beauty of these retreats are that you don’t have to share a room and the group will bond really quickly – we guarantee it – you will have 9 or more new friends within the first hour!
- The program looks pretty full will there be any free time? We will make sure of it. There will be plenty of time to lie by the pool, nap, have a massage and feel like you are on a holiday.
- Can I stay longer? Yes of course! You can book extra nights either before or after the retreat directly with the resort. Let me know at the time of booking and I’ll make sure you have all the details.
If you want a life- and business-changing 5 days in a magical place, you’ll need to make a decision promptly as there are only a small number of places available. This is not a scarcity sales pitch either – I genuinely want to give everyone as much attention as possible so they move forward FAST…and there’s only one of me, so by necessity the group will be no more than 8 people.
BOOK A 15 MINUTE CALL TO SEE IF THIS RETREAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
Previous participants of the Writer’s Retreat:
Who am I to host this Writer’s Retreat for business owners??
I’m Jo Johnson, The Content Coach. I’ve spent 25 years working in the digital communications and marketing arena, and I know a thing or two about business storytelling. I’ve been running my own business for 8 years and slaved away for 18 years in corporates and SMEs. This retreat is my opportunity to share with you all the incredible things I’ve learnt about running a business, content creation, digital marketing, storytelling, learning experiences, writing, community and thought leadership.
I’ve attended a number of retreats in my life, and facilitated/hosted more than half a dozen, so I know what works and what doesn’t. The ‘immersion therapy’ (as I like to call it) is a powerful one, but the role of a facilitator shouldn’t be taken lightly. I’ve designed this retreat experience exactly as I would love it to be as a guest. There’s plenty of listening and learning but also plenty of creating and implementing. There is also rest time and play time as well. I know the people that come to my retreats are a lot like me, so you’re definitely going to love it too!
Are you ready to stop making excuses? This is your time. Your business. Make it count.
BOOK YOUR 15 MINUTE QUALIFIER CHAT NOW!